Character – The Pastor of WCC will:
- Demonstrate a clear testimony of faith and a passionate devotion to Christ and His church.
- Exemplify the biblical leadership qualities of an elder/overseer found in 1 Timothy 3: 1-7, Titus 1: 5-9, and 1 Peter 5: 1-5.
- Maintain a strong devotional life of worship, prayer, and personal study of God’s Word resulting in a deepening spirituality and relationship with Christ.
- Live out and teach a lifestyle of adherence to biblical standards of morality, ethics, and the Fruit of the Spirit.
- Accomplish responsibilities as a shepherd of God’s flock with a spirit of humility, compassion, wisdom, honesty, integrity, and unity as a servant-leader.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills, being able to relate to all ages, keep confidences, and the ability to share ministry with Elders & Church board as part of the ministry team.
Qualifications – The Pastor of WCC will:
- Fulfill the biblical qualifications of 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1: 5-9.
- Demonstrate adequate ministerial training and sound understanding of biblical doctrine and practice.
- Have ample pastoral and preaching experience.
- Possess the ability to preach clear, engaging, God-honoring, Gospel-centered sermons relevant to all age groups.
- Have a proven track record of committed, compassionate, and effective pastoral oversight.
- Display competence in administrative, managerial, and technological skills.
- Have an understanding of the church culture in WNY and be willing to partner with other churches.
- Already be established in Buffalo region with a full-time employment elsewhere.
Responsibilities – The Pastor of WCC will:
- Provide vision, encouragement, and oversight for the church.
- Prepare order of worship for weekly services.
- Preach God’s Word at worship services.
- Model and encourage prayer in the flock.
- Administer the ceremonies and biblical ordinances of the church.
- Faithfull attend and give a report at church board meetings.
- Provide personal, pre-marital, marital, crisis and conflict resolution counseling, referring to professionals when necessary.
- Officiate wedding and funeral services as needed.
- Work with officers and congregants to identify, develop, and organize ministry opportunities for education and outreach and to build community within the church.
Education / Experience:
* Bachelor’s Degree in Bible, Ministry or related field.
How to apply:
Please email the following to: email@example.com
- Resume with references
- Brief account of why you feel God leading you to explore this opportunity.
- A brief doctrinal statement.
- A link to record audio or video of your preaching.