Chaplain (Maj. General) Lorraine K. Potter (M.Div. ’71)
Highlights of Chaplain Potter’s career:
- Served as the first female chaplain in the United States Air Force.
- Was a member of the special staff of the Chief of Staff.
- Was promoted in 2001 to Chief of Chaplains with the rank of Major General and held that position until her retirement in 2004.
- Served at every installation and command level within the Department of Defense – wing, major command, Headquarters U.S. Air Force and Secretary of Defense.
Rev. Dr. James Forbes (D.Min. ’75)
Highlights of Dr. Forbes’ career:
- Senior Minister Emeritus of the Riverside Church in New York City, the largest multicultural congregation in the nation
- Voted one of the “12 Most Effective Preachers” in the English-speaking world from a Baylor University worldwide survey of 341 seminary professors and editors of religious periodicals.
- Named Forbes one of the US’s greatest Black preachers by Ebony Magazine.
Rev. Patricia Hernandez (M.Div. CRDS ’87)
Highlights of Rev. Hernandez’s career:
- Serves as the National Director for Women in Ministry for American Baptist Churches USA.
- Served in a ministry to migrant farmworkers.
- Pastored churches in New York and Pennsylvania.
Dr. H. Beecher Hicks, Jr. (B.D. ’67)
Highlights of Dr. Hicks’ career:
- One of the original Martin Luther King Fellows at CRCDS.
- Served as Pastor of the historic Metropolitan Baptist Church in the District of Columbia.
- Served as Adjunct Professor at United Theological Seminary, Chicago Theological Seminary, Colgate Rochester Divinity School and Howard University School of Divinity
- Author of several books.