Posted on: 04/13/2022
Multi-age Class -- 5-12 years, meeting 36-40 weeks of the year. 45 minutes teaching plus up to three hours of preparation and set-up.
$100 per week ($25/hour)
• Create lesson plans in line with several previously selected curricula.
• Prepare and oversee lessons and creative activities.
• Ensure that the designated area of the Sunday school is clean and presentable and follows COVID guidelines.
• Assist children in completing assigned projects.
• Oversee the attendance record.
• Willing to work with a rotating volunteer assistant teacher.
• High school diploma required. College courses or degree preferred.
• Experience working with and/or teaching youth preferred.
• Commitment to Presbyterian faith tradition or to a closely aligned faith tradition.
• Good understanding of planning and developing lesson plans.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Successfully pass a background check.
• Attend annual sexual harassment training as mandated by NYState and Child Abuse Prevention Training.
Downtown Presbyterian Church is a community of faith that takes to heart the call of Christ to share God’s love, welcome all, feed the hungry, heal the broken-hearted and so doing, transform our life together so that the blessings of God’s grace can flow to everybody, no one left out.
Interested candidates should call or text Mary Rees (585) 350-8763 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
< < < Back to Jobs List