Do you want to be part of one of the most dynamic, vibrant, faith-based communities in the Western New York area? This role is perfect for the person who not only has the ability to leverage technology to perform a variety of administrative duties, but also craves purpose in their day. As the first person everyone sees as they walk in the door, you’re not only the center of our ministries and activities — you personify our Church. You understand the value and importance of this and embrace the challenge of making others feel welcomed, included, and supported on a consistent basis. As the administrative assistant to a busy staff and congregation, you anticipate the needs of those you work with and help them accomplish the particular tasks of their ministries. You’re discerning and intuitive, and your communication skills (both in person and in writing) with various people and committees are clear and effective. You embrace change and your observational skills are sharp, enabling you to support various projects and initiatives as they arise. Finally, you aim to please and enjoy going the extra mile to make every interaction positive and memorable. Your interpersonal and administrative skills make you a natural community-builder and an organizational backbone of our Church ministries.
• Serve as the communication liaison between all staff, church members, and committees
• Handle all church correspondence and publicity through email, social media platforms, standard mail, phone, and any other necessary avenues
• Prepare weekly worship bulletin, monthly newsletter, annual reports and directories, and manage the church calendar
• Manage AR/AP and Payroll
• Ability to work independently with efficient time management
• Ability to work graciously with the interruptions that commonly occur in a busy church office
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, particularly correct grammar, spelling, and typing skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• Proficiency in Mac, Quicken/QuickBooks and Adobe InDesign
Job Type: Full-time
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.