Student Rights and Responsibilities
All students attending Colgate Rochester Crozer Divinity School have the right to obtain from us the following:
- The names of its accrediting or licensing organizations.
- Information about the school’s programs; its instructional, laboratory and other physical facilities and its faculty.
- The cost of attending.
- The school’s policy and the Financial Aid Office’s policy on refunds to students who withdraw or are dropped.
- The types of financial assistance available, including information on all federal, state, local, private and institutional financial aid programs.
- The procedures and deadlines for submitting applications for each available financial aid program.
- The criteria used to select financial aid recipients.
- The process used to determine student financial need. This process includes how costs for tuition and fees, room and board, travel, books and supplies and personal and miscellaneous expenses are considered in the cost of education. It also includes how resources (such as student contribution, other financial aid, assets, etc.) are considered in calculating student need.
- The amount of student financial need, as determined by the institution that has been met.
- The type and amount of assistance in a student financial aid package and an explanation of each award.
- The portion of the financial aid award that consists of loans that must be re-paid, and what portion is grant/scholarship aid that does not need to be repaid, interest rate on any loan, the total amount for repayment, the length of time for repayment, the date to start repayment and cancellation or deferment provisions that apply.
- How to obtain a reconsideration of an aid package, if they believe that a mistake has been made or if enrollment or if the student’s financial circumstances have changed.
- The policy/process used by the School to determine whether students are making satisfactory academic progress and what happens if students are not.
- Any special facilities and services available to persons with disabilities. See Campus Life handbook.
It is the sole responsibility of all Colgate Rochester Crozer Divinity School students to:
- Review and consider all information about the school’s program before enrolling.
- Pay special attention to the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)complete it accurately and submit it on time at the correct web site, as errors can delay or prevent students from receiving aid.
- Meet all deadlines for applying or reapplying for aid.
- Provide any and all additional documentation, verification, corrections and/or new information requested by the Financial Aid Office, including tax returns and other personal and financial documents.
- Read, understand and keep copies of all forms which they are asked to sign.
- Comply with the provisions of any promissory note and all other agreements that they must sign.
- Promptly notify the school of any change in name, address or attendance status (half time, three-quarter time or full time).
- Understand the College’s Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy.
- Understand the College’s refund policy and the Financial Aid Office’s Return to Title IV Refund policy.
- Honor all copyrights and refrain from unauthorized duplication of copyrighted material.
Instructions For Obtaining Additional Information
The information for most of the bullet points above can be obtained by clicking on the included hyperlink. For bulleted items not accompanied by hyperlinks, additional information can be obtained by consulting the Colgate Rochester Crozer Divinity School handbook, or by contacting the Financial Aid Office at 585-340-9632.