Summary of Position: Perinton Presbyterian Church is seeking an individual to lead our very strong youth group program. This person will foster a love of Christ in our youth that will help them continue to grow their faith into adulthood. The ideal candidate will foster a welcoming and safe environment for youth to question, try, make mistakes, and grow.
● Lead and facilitate weekly youth group meetings (Sundays during school yr, 4:30-6:00pm)
● Team with volunteers to teach Sunday morning Bible Study to youth, grades 7-12 (Sundays during school yr, 9:30-10:30am)
● Attend church at PPC on Sunday mornings
● Recruit and develop adult volunteers to assist with Youth Ministry Programs
● Lead youth trips, including February Work Camp, Summer Bike Trip, and October Mission Weekend with help from adult volunteers
● Generate and implement new ideas for fellowship, faith, and outreach among the youth
● Lead and facilitate youth group leadership planning/organizational meetings on a bi-monthly basis
● Provide leadership for youth-oriented worship services, typically three per year.
● Provide communication content, including emails to parents, updates to website, newsletter and bulletin items, and maintain social media presence (instagram)
● Along with volunteer leaders, organize confirmation activities and teach the confirmation class (typically every other year)
● Provide counsel and pastoral care to youth/families as needed
● Connect with kids on a personal level outside of church, going to sporting events, meeting for lunch, as time allows
● Deliver children’s message on Sunday mornings, and arrange for others to do this as appropriate
● Participate on Christian Education committee, including monthly 2-hr meetings
● 20 hour / week position, more or less as need for special events (retreat, work camp, bike trip)
● A strong faith in Christ and the Bible
● A passion working with youth to develop their faith and fellowship
● Experience working with youth in a Christian setting
● Excellent organizational and leadership skills
● Ability to work as a team with pastor and adult volunteers
● Strong technological abilities, for example using social media, email, texting
● Willingness to become an active member of PPC
Candidates should send their cover letter and resume by August 10 to: Karen Braun, Christian Education Chairperson, ℅ Perinton Presbyterian Church, 6511 Pittsford-Palmyra Rd. Fairport, NY14450. Questions can be directed to Karen at (585) 455-6246 or firstname.lastname@example.org.