Doctor of Ministry Degrees
Purpose: The Doctor of Ministry degree (D.Min.) is designed for experienced clergy and religious leaders who wish to enhance their ability to be reflective practitioners and develop their leadership skills.
Eligibility: Applicants must have earned a Master of Divinity degree with a minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0, or the educational equivalent of a Master of Divinity degree in both duration and kind. (Click here to view guidelines for M.Div. Equivalency.)
Additionally, applicants must have a minimum of 3 years ministry experience after earning their first graduate theological degree.
Curriculum: The D.Min. degree requires the successful completion of 10 three-unit courses for a total of 30 credits.
- First and Second Year: A total of 4 courses during the Fall, Winter, Spring or Summer Term with residency.
- Third Year: Thesis 1 and Thesis 2, a full-year course to write and defend the doctoral dissertation.
Three Different Degree Options: Specific course requirements vary based on the following options.
- D.Min. in Transformative Leadership
- D.Min. in Prophetic Preaching
- D. Min in Peace Building and Interfaith Dialogue
Limited Residency Requirement: The Doctor of Ministry curriculum is designed with practicing ministers in mind. Much of the required coursework will be completed at home in advance of and following the campus residency periods during the first two weeks of each January and June. There is also an optional residency week offered each October.
- Readings and responses are completed remotely in the 6 weeks prior to the residency period.
- The first 2 years of full-time study requires attendance in classes from 8:30 AM-4:30 PM M-F during the first 2 weeks of January and June. The third year is reserved for the final thesis course which may be completed from home. (Part-time study is also possible as long as the program is completed within 6 years.)
- A final paper or course project follows each course taken during the residency periods.
Application Deadlines: August 31 for January Residency or January 31 for June Residency.