Colgate Rochester Crozer Divinity School offers three degree programs, all shaped by the faculty vision statement, and each with its own distinctive scope and purpose.
Master’s Degree Programs
- The Master of Divinity for Theological Professions degree (M.Div.) is the most versatile, all-purpose degree. It is the primary degree leading to ordination for professional ministry. It also may prepare students for church administration, chaplaincy, youth work, teaching in colleges or theological schools, missions and evangelism, social work and more.
- The Master of Arts in Theological Studies degree (M.A.) is to prepare students for advanced graduate study in a specific theological discipline.
- The Master of Arts in Religious Studies (M.A.) is designed to educate the laity who want a general knowledge of Christian religion, interfaith dialogue, and the historic/cultural contexts that affect religious belief and practice.
The Doctor of Ministry degree (D.Min.) is designed for experienced clergy and religious leaders who wish to enhance their skills as reflective practitioners. Applicants to the Doctor of Ministry program must have earned a Master of Divinity degree or its educational equivalent in both duration and kind. (Please click here for our policy on M.Div. equivalency.) Additionally, applicants must have a minimum of three years ministry experience after earning a Master of Divinity degree.
- D.Min. in Transformative Leadership
- D. Min. in Prophetic Preaching
- D.Min. in Peace Building and Interfaith Dialogue
- The Program of Black Church Studies
- The Program for the Study of Women and Gender in Church and Society
- The Anglican Studies Program