Colgate Rochester Crozer Divinity School offers three degree programs, all shaped by the faculty vision statement, and each with its own distinctive scope and purpose.
Master’s Degree Programs
- The Master of Divinity degree (M.Div.) is the most versatile, all-purpose degree. It is the primary degree leading to ordination for professional ministry. It also may prepare students for church administration, chaplaincy, youth work, teaching in colleges or theological schools, missions and evangelism, social work and more.
- The Master of Arts degree (M.A.) is to prepare students for advanced graduate study in a specific theological discipline or, alternatively, to educate laity who want a broad knowledge of theological disciplines.
- The Master of Arts in Kairos Studies program is designed to engage the Global Kairos Movement while continuing the CRCDS legacy of social justice. Through the exploration of kairos, students will learn how to live out the foundational values of justice and love as they are applied to global and local contexts, while engaging this growing, transformative movement.
The Doctor of Ministry degree (D.Min.) is designed for experienced clergy and religious leaders who wish to enhance their skills as reflective practitioners. Applicants to the Doctor of Ministry program must have earned a Master of Divinity degree or its educational equivalent in both duration and kind. (Please click here for our policy on M.Div. equivalency.) Additionally, applicants must have a minimum of three years ministry experience after earning a Master of Divinity degree.
- D.Min. in Transformative Leadership
- D. Min. in Transformative Leadership with concentration in Prophetic Preaching
- D.Min. in Transformative Leadership with a Concentration in Peace Building and Interfaith Dialogue
- The Program of Black Church Studies
- The Program for the Study of Women and Gender in Church and Society
- The Anglican Studies Program