The Ambrose Swasey Library at CRCDS
Ambrose Swasey Library at Colgate Rochester Crozer Divinity School offers a collection of more than 5,000 core books onsite, study space, printing and scanning equipment, and one-on-one research help from the theological reference librarian.
Through CRCDS’s affiliation with the University of Rochester (UR) River Campus Libraries, current CRCDS students, faculty, and staff enjoy access to:
- Library materials held at CRCDS and UR Libraries, accessed through the shared catalog at library.rochester.edu.
- The same library borrowing privileges as UR River Campus students, faculty, and staff.
- Delivery of library materials between UR and CRCDS 4 days a week (Monday – Thursday).
- Most of UR Libraries’ e-books, e-journals, and research databases (UR Guest NetID login required).
University of Rochester River Campus Libraries website, library.rochester.edu, is CRCDS’s main portal for:
- Ambrose Swasey Library catalog (physical books and DVDs at CRCDS)
- Course Reserves (CRCDS and UR)
- UR River Campus Libraries catalog (all books, e-books, and media current CRCDS students, faculty, and staff can access)
- Journals and magazines (physical and electronic)
- Research databases (NetID login required, see below)
Check UR Libraries’ COVID-19 Libraries Support and Information page for updates on UR Libraries’ hours and services.
By appointment only (CRCDS students and alumni)
Other visitors will be welcome to visit the library once COVID-19 restrictions are lifted.
School staff remain primarily remote. Appointments can be set for Monday – Thursday, 8:30 AM – 6 PM by contacting Reference Librarian Desirae Zingarelli-Sweet at firstname.lastname@example.org, 585-340-9601 (library phone), or 585-484-0704.
Anyone entering CRCDS’s campus is required to sign in, wear a mask, and complete a brief COVID-19 screening.
Books can be dropped off at CRCDS during open hours or at any UR River Libraries location. After hours, books can be returned to the book drop in the vestibule at the back entrance of the 320 N. Goodman St.
Historical Collections and Archives
Ambrose Swasey Library maintains a very small collection of materials related to the history of our heritage institutions. Primarily, these are bulletins and catalogs from:
- Hamilton/Colgate Theological Seminary,
- Rochester Theological Seminary
- Colgate Rochester Divinity School
- Baptist Missionary Training School
- Crozer Theological Seminary
- Colgate Rochester Crozer Divinity School (contemporary)
A number of these historical bulletins and catalogs are freely available on Internet Archive.
For other types of archival materials, including original photographs, historical administrative documents, and collected papers of former faculty and presidents, please refer to the American Baptist Historical Society in Atlanta, GA.
Desirae Zingarelli-Sweet, Reference Librarian