This full-time ministry position is a partnership of the Francis Wayland Foundation (American Baptist), the Wisconsin Conference Board of Higher Education and Student Ministries (United Methodist), and the United Church of Christ. Review of applications will begin on February 17, 2014, full job description at crossingministries, under “About Us”, then “Job Opening Executive Director”. Start date flexible, but no later than July 1, 2014. Please send electronic application materials to:
Ann Herrold-Peterson, Chairperson of the Search Committee
Southern Missionary Baptist Church in Syracuse, NY is seeking a pastor. A full announcement with details on application may be found at this link.
The Cincinnati Children’s Hospital is currently recruiting for their CPE Residency Program. The hospital is seeking applicants who will have completed their M.Div. degrees before August, 2014. Applicants should also have completed one unit of CPE. Because on-site interviews are necessary for mutual discernment, applications should be submitted in January or February 2014.
Videos illustrating the CPE program may be found on the hospital website at this link. If you are graduating senior from an MDiv program and are interested in a pediatric chaplaincy vocation, please consider this opportunity. The residency offers a competitive stipend of $32,198 for a twelve month residency encompassing three units of CPE. A full advertisement on the Association for Clinical Pastoral Education website may be accessed via this link.
The United Church of Pittsford (United Methodist and American Baptist) is in search of a choir director. This position would be from September to June yearly with two rehearsals and two Sunday morning services per month, as well as Easter and Christmas services. This position leads an adult choir which sings a variety of styles of music. Applicant should have experience leading an adult choir. Compensation negotiable based on experience. This is a part-time job. This position will begin on January 1, 2014. Please send resume to email@example.com.
The Interim Faith Development and Support Coordinator at Twelve Corners Presbyterian Church (TCPC) is a salaried position based on an eleven-month year for an average of 15 hours per week for two years. The primary responsibility of the Coordinator is to help the church and the local community youth connect with each other. The schedule is flexible and serves youth and family development initiatives, membership education, and assistance with Christian Education and seasonal programming. Hours will vary during periods of planned events. The Coordinator reports directly to the Head of Staff/Pastor.
The Interim Faith Development and Support Coordinator explores new programming ideas which may include the following:
- opportunities to expand the junior/senior high youth program;
- events for families with infants and young children;
- intergenerational events within the church membership;
- events for school-age children in the greater community during school breaks.
The Interim Faith Development and Support Coordinator provides support for Christian Education programming, including but not limited to:
- performing administrative duties associated with planned events, such as the youth mission trip, retreats, and fund raisers;
- serving as liaison to TCPC committees and staff and to the Genesee Valley Presbytery;
- providing support for youth advisors, Sunday school teachers, and childcare workers, as needed;
- coordinating youth participation in Sunday worship services;
- assisting with adult education programs, as needed.
The qualifications for the Interim Faith Development and Support Coordinator are as follows:
- The applicant must have completed a minimum of 2 years of college.
- The applicant must be able to coordinate, plan, and collaborate with church staff and membership.
- The applicant must be able to work independently, take initiative, and be well organized and efficient.
- The applicant will be asked to describe his/her Christian faith background and experiences that are especially suitable for a church support position.
Please send inquiries and resumes to TCPC, 1200 Winton Rd. S., Rochester NY 14618 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.