Pathways Fellowship in East Aurora, NY just south of Buffalo is a non-denominational mission church (see http://theroc.co).
They are seeking individuals who would be willing to fill in for the pastor when he is out of town. There are several potential dates over the next few months starting with February 11.
An honorarium of $150 is available.
For more information, please contact:
Frank Cerny, MDiv, PhD
194 Walnut Street
East Aurora, NY 14052
The Congdon Street Baptist Church in Providence, RI is seeking a senior pastor. Candidates must meet ordination requirements; relocation and competitive salary. Job posting will remain open until February 26, 2016. Additional information can be found on the church website and Facebook page. www.csbchurch.org
POSITION PURPOSE: The purpose of this position is to manage our daily lunch program.
REPORTS TO: Kitchen Director
Hours: Part-time, non-exempt position 27.5 hours per week (8:30 – 2:00 Monday through Friday)
- Motivated by a desire to work in ministry
- Food Service Certification L1 or L2
- Ability and willingness to work and communicate with diverse population
- Sensitivity to the issues faced by our guest in their daily lives.
- Strong and enthusiastic commitment to delivery of excellent guest services.
- Strong personal ethics and professional creativity, flexibility and good judgment.
- Initiative and ability to work independently
- Prepares all necessary supplies for the daily meal.
- Keeps volunteers on task; overseeing procedures to prepare daily meal.
- Trains new volunteers.
- Assures the proper storage of all produce and food items.
- Assures that all cooking areas are cleaned and well maintained.
- Other duties as assigned.
BENEFITS: To be discussed at interview
Please contact Patty Lorenzen at firstname.lastname@example.org to make application.
Position Description: 2016-17 Program Assistant Stipended Residency for Seminarian, Graduate Assistant, or Mid-Career Professional on Leave
Tantur Ecumenical Institute: an Oasis of Learning, Community, and Hospitality
Summary of Responsibilities: Assists the Program Director with a wide range of tasks related to continuing education programs, outside groups, and related activities. May be assigned tasks across departments as needs arise, though focus will be on programs.
Supervision: Reports most directly to the Program Director.
Hours: The position is full-time. Hours will vary significantly day to day and week to week according to itineraries, and the Program Assistant will also participate in the rotation for evening coverage and overnight on-call coverage.
- Participate fully early on in 4-6 weeks of one of Tantur’s Continuing Education Programs, while also frequently staffing the “front end” of the program. The person staffing the “front end” of a program performs duties such as greeting participants and corresponding with them mid-program, introducing speakers, setting up and taking down a/v, assisting guides, making payments, gathering receipts, calling drivers and speakers to confirm arrangements, counting participants during excursions, answering participant questions, assessing program elements, sharing input with the director and liaising when needed, etc.
- During these 4 -6 weeks, other responsibilities will be assigned outside of program time as needed to fill out a full-time position. However, full participation in the program for these weeks is intended as a form of orientation, education, and compensation simultaneously.
- Continue to staff the front end of programs with regularity for duration of the appointment to this position. (These duties will be shared with other staff, but this will be a core role.)
- Participate in the life of the community: attend ecumenical community prayers regularly, help organize ecumenical prayers, and lead on occasion; offer hospitality and companionship to guests; participate in community meals and conversations; participate in – and occasionally plan – events that help animate the campus, such as movie and game nights, etc.
- Participate regularly in program office meetings.
- Participate in rotation for evening and overnight on-call coverage at Tantur. (Staff evening prayer, greet whole community at dinner, assist front desk staff in case of overnight guest illness, etc.)
- Assist with administrative projects, such as researching and organizing information for projects and programs, creating and compiling surveys, compiling receipts and vouchers, creating resource documents for guests, etc. May assist occasionally with planning programs.
- Provide some “runner” assistance at panels, conferences, other events.
- Depending on institutional needs and your background, you may be asked to work across departments at times. This could include tasks such as helping in the library, or even occasional emergency help in the kitchen, front desk, etc. However, your main focus will be on programs.
- Contribute to the overall stewardship of the physical space, programming, and community life.
- Additional responsibilities as needs arise.
- Round-trip basic economy travel to Jerusalem.
- Free room and board at Tantur, and when on assigned programmed excursions.
- Free participation in 4 – 6 weeks of one of Tantur’s Continuing Education / Sabbatical Programs. (Will continue to participate with some regularity thereafter.)
- Stipend of $300 per month spending money, which can also be paid in local currency.
- Local cell phone and data plan.
- As needed, up to $185 per month reimbursement for traveler’s or health insurance premiums, and up to $500 reimbursement for out-of-pocket health expenses that might arise while serving.
- Three weeks of vacation time over the course of the appointment, ideally to be taken outside of program times and at a time mutually agreed upon with the Program Director.
Dates: Preferred dates are June 1, 2016 to August 7, 2017. However, if your availability differs from these dates, please indicate the dates of your availability when you apply.
Apply: Please send brief letter of interest – along with and CV or Résumé – by email to the attention of Jeff VonWald, Program Director, using email@example.com. Priority consideration will be given to applications received by Feb 3, 2016. Applications will continue to be considered until position is filled.
The First Presbyterian Church of Westernville, NY, founded in 1818, is seeking a full-time pastor for its congregation of about 80 members. Westernville is a village in Oneida County NY – just a 45 minute drive from the Adirondack Mountains. More information about the church and its Mission Study may be found on their website at www.westernvillepresbyterian.org. If you have interest in this position, please contact their Clerk of Session, Steve Smits, at 315-281-0484 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Or you may also contact Floyd Olney, Chair of the PNC email@example.com.