The goals of the program are:
• to provide a program of rigorous critical studies focused on issues affecting the lives and work of women in church and society, and on analysis of gender, race, class, age, and sexual orientation, in solidarity with communities of women worldwide;
• to advocate and to provide methods and resources for the incorporation of these critical studies into all areas of the divinity school curriculum and services;
• to provide personal and institutional support for women in ministry in multiple settings, including the seminary, churches, and the community at large;
• to work in mutual cooperation with the Program of Black Church Studies at the divinity school; and
• to participate in related studies programs and disciplinary and ecclesial discussions nation and world-wide.