The 2013 Fall Lecture Week at CRCDS
Many people are in need of healing today: veterans returning from service, individuals recovering from addiction and all who are experiencing suffering or loss. Pastors and church communities know first hand the curative role of pastoral care, but what possibilities can spirituality offer mainstream social care services? “Tending the Wounded Spirit” explores this question through an engaging series of events that includes lectures, community worship,discussion, art and film, inviting attendees to gain a deeper insight into the intersection between spirituality and healing.
Monday, October 7, 2013
- 7:00 pm: Lecture (1/2): Dr. David Bartlett, “What Wounds Our Spirits” (The Gene Bartlett Lectureship)
Tuesday, October 8, 2013
- 10:30 am: Worship: Dr. David Bartlett (The Gene Bartlett Lectureship)
- 1:30 pm: Lecture (2/2): Dr. David Bartlett, “Tending, Healing, Redeeming” (The Gene Bartlett Lectureship)
- 7:00 pm: Discussion: Panel of local preachers, “Becoming Welcoming & Affirming” (The Christian Faith and LGBT Experience Lecture) **The Panel Discussion will take place at First Baptist Church, 175 Allens Creek Road, Brighton, NY.
Wednesday, October 9, 2013
- 10:00 am – 4:00 pm: Col. Herman Keizer, Jr. (Keynote Speaker), “Veterans and Moral Injury: Pathways to Healing and Recovery” (Conference)
Thursday, October 10, 2013
- 10:30 am: Worship: The Rev. Dr. Jason R. Curry (The African American Legacy Lecture)
- 1:30 pm: Lecture: The Rev. Dr. Jason R. Curry (The African American Legacy Lecture)
- 7:00 pm: Film: “Two Sided Story” (75 min., Israel / Palestine, 2012)
Friday, October 11, 2013
- 9:00 am: Light, complimentary breakfast offered.
- 10:30 am: Worship: The Rev. Winifred Collin (The Community Healing Service)