The Search Committee for the Lime Rock Baptist Church (American Baptist) is looking for candidates. We are excited for the opportunity to find the right minister to guide our congregation and want to be certain we have given every potential candidate a chance to apply.
We are looking for candidates interested in a part-time position, about 20-25 hours each week. Our American Baptist church is proud of having a warm and inviting congregation. We are located in the rural village of Lime Rock within Lincoln, Rhode Island. Completion of formal American Baptist training is not required as long as candidate is enrolled in an accredited theological program as we are looking for the best individual candidate for our worship community. Additional information on our church and worship community can be viewed by visiting our website at http://lrbcri.org. More information about our church can be provided upon request.
Interested individuals may contact us by email at LRBCsearchcommittee@gmail.com or by letter to Lime Rock Baptist Church, Attn: Search Committee Chairperson, 1075 Great Road, Lincoln, RI 02865. Please make inquiries by email or U.S. mail only; no telephone inquiries.
The Board of Directors of the Geneseo Wesley Foundation, Western New York Conference Board of Higher Education and Campus Ministry is seeking a SUNY Geneseo Wesley Foundation Campus Minister.
Responsible for providing Christian Ministry to students, faculty, and staff on the SUNY Geneseo Campus.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited college.
- Experience in the following: group work, pastoral care, counseling, program
- development, worship leadership, and community organization are beneficial.
- A strong commitment to the Christian faith and the ability to communicate that faith is essential.
- Must possess qualities that exemplify the Christian character and enable him/her to
- provide a positive role model to persons at the University.
Must have the desire and ability to relate to the average college age student population.
For more information or to submit your résumé, please contact: Dan Meierdiercks Chair, Board of Directors of the Geneseo Wesley Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow MCC Inclusive Language Policy found at this link.
- Preach a 4-week worship series
- Meet with worship planning team each Monday during series (optional)
- Willingness to collaborate on themes with worship team
- Provide a Vibrant Inclusive and Progressive Sermon
- Open and affirming to ALL
- Open to multiple interpretations of the Bible
- There will be a weekly stipend of $150
- Please direct all inquiries to: Jeff Myers @ email@example.com
On Saturday, May 31, 2014, President Marvin McMickle was the keynote speaker at the Facing Race, Embracing Equity Community Summit held at Asbury First United Methodist Church. The Sunday edition of the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle contains an article on the Summit in which President McMickle is quoted.
The full text of President McMickle's remarks at the Summit may be found on the CRCDS website at the following link: http://www.crcds.edu/facing-race-embracing-equity-remarks-from-pres-marvin-a-mcmickle/
This topic is also covered in President McMickle's weekly blog for the Democrat and Chronicle. We encourage you to follow his blogs at http://blogs.democratandchronicle.com/unite/author/mmcmickle/. A new one is available every Tuesday.
The Baldwinsville First United Methodist Church has the following half-time staff position that will become available July 1, 2014.
Director of Christian Activities and Family Ministries: The First United Methodist Church of Baldwinsville, NY, a strong 1,000 member program focused church located in a suburb of Syracuse, is looking for an individual to work with new and existing church groups to continue development and implementation of outreach and programs designed to reach individuals, youth, and families within our community. Requirements include advanced theological training beyond a baccalaureate degree, a vision for Christian discipleship in our rapidly changing society, and preferably three to five years leadership experience in a congregational setting. This half time position has the potential to develop into a full time ministry. Further information, including a job description, is available by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.