The United Church of Pittsford (United Methodist and American Baptist) is in search of a choir director. This position would be from September to June yearly with two rehearsals and two Sunday morning services per month, as well as Easter and Christmas services. This position leads an adult choir which sings a variety of styles of music. Applicant should have experience leading an adult choir. Compensation negotiable based on experience. This is a part-time job. This position will begin on January 1, 2014. Please send resume to email@example.com.
Position Title: Communications Coordinator
Department: Institutional Advancement Office
Reports To: Vice President for Institutional Advancement
Hours: 25 hours per week
Position Availability: November, 2013
The Communications Coordinator is responsible for creatively telling the CRCDS story to the school’s many different audiences by creating, identifying and assisting staff and faculty members in developing content for the school’s digital outlets and print publications. Exercising confidence with popular social media platforms, email clients like MailChimp and the WordPress content management system, the Communications Coordinator is creative in coming up with newsworthy stories that are in synch with the school’s fundraising, enrollment and event promotion objectives. Outgoing and responsive, the Communications Coordinator understands how to communicate the school’s brand in unique ways that speak to the needs and values of the school’s different audience groups.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Manage and execute weekly, monthly and annual communications schedules for school.
- Write or source content for website, e-newsletters and print publications.
- Identify newsworthy stories in student, faculty, alumni/ae and community activities.
- Identify and craft content for social media channels.
- Stand as main contact point for media inquiries.
- Write and issue press releases to media outlets.
- Manage and update website following requests from staff and faculty.
- Promotion of CRCDS events and lectures.
- Manage production schedule of regular print publications: annual report and two issues of The CRCDS Bulletin.
- Provide lead editorial on print publications.
- Copyedit materials that are created by other CRCDS staff.
- Lead monthly Communications Committee meetings.
- Support faculty and students in creating blog content for use on website.
- Perform interviews with students, alumni/ae and other individuals as needed.
- Attend and cover school events and lectures with live tweeting and posts to the CRCDS Facebook page.
- Take photos at events.
- Manage digital roll-out for event promotion and registration.
- Collaborate with other departments on specific projects as needed.
- Assist with event set-up and guest greeting as requested.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited school. Master’s degree preferred.
- Proven professional writing skills–must have portfolio of writing samples demonstrating a variety of voices and audiences.
- 3-4 years experience in a communications, public relations, journalism, media or marketing.
- Copyediting experience using Chicago Manual of Style standards.
- Significant experience communicating to a range of different audiences.
- Proven track record of working well both cooperatively and independently.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Basic familiarity with HTML coding. PHP experience preferred, but not required.
- Basic graphic design skills using the Adobe Creative Suite, GIMP or a similar program.
- Experience using the WordPress web platform.
- Photography and video editing experience a plus.
To apply, send Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Interim Faith Development and Support Coordinator at Twelve Corners Presbyterian Church (TCPC) is a salaried position based on an eleven-month year for an average of 15 hours per week for two years. The primary responsibility of the Coordinator is to help the church and the local community youth connect with each other. The schedule is flexible and serves youth and family development initiatives, membership education, and assistance with Christian Education and seasonal programming. Hours will vary during periods of planned events. The Coordinator reports directly to the Head of Staff/Pastor.
The Interim Faith Development and Support Coordinator explores new programming ideas which may include the following:
- opportunities to expand the junior/senior high youth program;
- events for families with infants and young children;
- intergenerational events within the church membership;
- events for school-age children in the greater community during school breaks.
The Interim Faith Development and Support Coordinator provides support for Christian Education programming, including but not limited to:
- performing administrative duties associated with planned events, such as the youth mission trip, retreats, and fund raisers;
- serving as liaison to TCPC committees and staff and to the Genesee Valley Presbytery;
- providing support for youth advisors, Sunday school teachers, and childcare workers, as needed;
- coordinating youth participation in Sunday worship services;
- assisting with adult education programs, as needed.
The qualifications for the Interim Faith Development and Support Coordinator are as follows:
- The applicant must have completed a minimum of 2 years of college.
- The applicant must be able to coordinate, plan, and collaborate with church staff and membership.
- The applicant must be able to work independently, take initiative, and be well organized and efficient.
- The applicant will be asked to describe his/her Christian faith background and experiences that are especially suitable for a church support position.
Please send inquiries and resumes to TCPC, 1200 Winton Rd. S., Rochester NY 14618 or email@example.com. Thank you.
every time someone edits something on the website. As you add more users to the site, this will be very useful.
Academic Life won’t be able to publish anything without approval, so watch out for these so you can review and approve what they edit / add.
Let me know that you saw this!
She defended her doctoral dissertation in June in New Testament and Early Christianity at Vanderbilt University (just after giving this interview) and will begin teaching at CRCDS this coming fall.
We sat down with Dr. Choi during a visit she made to the Hill in May.