Please join the CRCDS community for the 2014-15 Academic Year Opening Convocation on Monday, August 25, at 4:00 p.m., in the Samuel Colgate Memorial Chapel on the CRCDS campus.
- WHEN: 4:00 p.m., Monday, Aug. 25, 2014
- WHERE: Samuel Colgate Memorial Chapel, CRCDS
Following Convocation will be a picnic buffet for the entire community on the Terrace. If the weather does not cooperate, the picnic will be held in the Refectory. Tickets are $5.00 per person and may be purchased by contacting the CRCDS Central Office at (585) 271-1320 or emailing email@example.com. The deadline for making your reservation is Thursday, August 21.
We look forward to a joyous celebration as we begin our new academic year.
For more information, please call Barbara Hessdoerfer at (585) 340-9680.
The slight chill in the air recently is a reminder that the CRCDS Fall Lectures, Reflections and Worship Series is right around the corner. We're listing three links that will take you to our website "Events" page. Please browse through, learn about the speakers and topics, and register online if you wish. We look forward to seeing you!
Take advantage of the opportunity to visit CRCDS from the comfort of your own home during this one-day free virtual event. Learn about the uniqueness of our school and its alumni/ae, register for courses or explore the many options we offer to enhance your educational and spiritual life.
Mark your calendar and check us out on September 17th!
Colgate Rochester Crozer Divinity School has a proud history of preparing students to proactively address conflict using non-violent but assertive response.
Please join us at 6:00 PM on September 16th for a 3-mile walk around campus. Support our effort to encourage non-violence and do something good for yourself in the process!
This year, we invite community partners interested in promoting non-violence in all of its forms to share their resources and services at informational tables which are available at no cost.
The event is free and open to the public. Sponsorship opportunities are available. To sponsor a walker, or to make a contribution to help us prepare tomorrow's leaders today, call (585) 340-964. Registration forms will be available by mail, e-mail and on our website at http://www.crcds.edu
Registration forms will be available by mail, e-mail and online. For questions or comments, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Long-time CRCDS supporter and friend, pastor and community activist Rev. Dr. James L. Cherry Jr. recently announced his retirement from Aenon Baptist Church located at 175 Genesee Street, Rochester, New York. A celebration for Dr. Cherry and his wife, Mrs. Eunice Cherry, will be held at the Rochester Riverside Convention Center on October 10, 2014. Information about the event and tickets may be purchased here: http://www.aenonbaptistchurch.org/
Dr. Cherry, a Pennsylvania native, has been a minster for 54 years and a tireless advocate for his community. He was installed as pastor at Aenon Baptist Church on July 6, 1981. A partial list of Dr. Cherry's accomplishments during his service include:
- Paying off the first mortgage of the church, located at 175 Genesee Street
- Establishing the Aenon Christian Education Department
- Instituting the Children's Church, Youth Church Ministry and Performing Arts Ministry
- Implementing the Male Chorus and the Psalms of Praise Choir Ministries
- Developing an Evangelism Ministry
- Launching the church's website
- Strong community activism and support of groups, causes and events, including involvement with Urban League, Habitat for Humanity, Crop Walk, Scouting, Black Leadership Commission on AIDS, Community Health Awareness Food Kitchen, Monroe County Women's Health Partnership Program and United Way. In addition, Dr. Cherry has championed several community initiatives allowing individuals coping with addiction, poverty, prejudice and homelessness to find a way to overcome these obstacles and who have since become role models and mentors for others, especially youth.
The CRCDS community is proud and grateful to have the support and friendship of Dr. and Mrs. Cherry, and wishes them many happy and healthy years ahead.