Farmington UMC, a contemporary, purpose driven church seeks gifted person to serve as Youth Director. This ¼ time position requires a heart for 7-12 graders, the ability to teach and organize the program, and the ability to recruit, train, and lead a team of adult workers. Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for resume submission is August 1st.
First Presbyterian Church of Holley is seeking a part-time Music/Choir Director. A full announcement may be downloaded here.
For more information or to apply, please contact the Personnel Committee at email@example.com.
In a world growing more and more secular, the military should not be left behind as a place where personnel can find religious faith. The US Navy Chaplain Corps is an opportunity to provide religious guidance to people who come from different backgrounds in the Navy, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard. This position is an opportunity to aid people, who are away from their support network (family and friends) and need a link between themselves and god.
- Earned a master’s degree of Theological Studies or related degree
- Ecclesiastical Certification: Must be able to receive an ecclesiastical approval by a religious faith group able to certify religious ministry professionals.
- US Citizen
- Over 21 years old but less than 39
- Opportunity to provide guidance to young men and women of religious diversity and culture.
- Full time (Active Duty) and part time (Reserve Duty) positions available
- Comprehensive medical/dental insurance
- Worldwide travel
- $50,000-65,000 starting out 30 days of vacation with pay each year
If interested in more information about the US Navy Chaplain Direct Assessment process, contact:
Jonathan Ostanek, Lieutenant US Navy Officer Representative Rochester, NY
The US Navy CCPO Program is an excellent opportunity for seminary students to train to be a US Navy Chaplain. While in the program, students are Chaplain Candidates in the US Navy Individual Ready Reserve. Upon completion of the program, the Chaplain Candidate has the opportunity to become a full-fledged Chaplain in the US Navy. Serving in the Chaplain Corps is a rewarding opportunity to provide religious support for the large group of diverse men and women defending our country.
During the program, you would attend the Direct Commission Officer Instruction Course which provides training on uniform wearing, customs/courtesies, and saluting. Additionally, you would also attend a Chaplain Leadership Course and be eligible for other training to see the real responsibilities of a US Navy Chaplain.
Minimum Requirements for the program:
- Enrolled in a master’s program of Theological Studies or related studies as a full time student
- Ecclesiastical Certification: Must receive an ecclesiastical approval by a religious faith group able to certify religious ministry professionals.
- US Citizen
- Over 21 years old but less than 39
- Can apply anytime during M-Div Degree, as long as one year or more remaining of school
- Get exposed to the Navy Chaplain Corps without committing years of service on Active Duty
- Heighten your chances of being selected as an Active Duty Chaplain or Reserve Chaplain (part time) in the US Navy upon completion of school by networking and enhancing your resume through experience.
- Get the opportunity to provide guidance to young men and women of religious diversity and culture.
- Get Active Duty Military Pay, while doing Chaplain Training in the summers between courses
If interested in more information about the US Navy CCPO, please contact:
Jonathan Ostanek, Lieutenant
US Navy Officer Representative Rochester, NY
To educate and encourage the spiritual growth of the children and adults of our church through the coordination and advancement of church school, youth fellowship, and adult programs.
- Coordinate all aspects of the Christian Education program for children, youth, and adults.
- Coordinate the youth fellowship groups, develop programs, solicit adult volunteers, plan and attend youth meetings, activities, and volunteer opportunities.
- Regularly teach the senior high Sunday school class.
- Be part of the Confirmation Ministry team lead by the Pastor.
- Work with the Board of Family Ministry to plan the annual youth mission trip, including fundraising activities.
- Regularly communicate with all key audiences via youth group activity calendars, articles for the monthly Epistle newsletter and weekly church bulletins, email and flyers home, phone calls, and current bulletin boards.
- Responsibly administer allotted budget and assist in preparing yearly budget.
This is a salaried position based on an average work week of 20-22 hours with seasonal fluctuations. The work week is a combination of regular office hours and evening and weekend activities. Among the required evening and weekend activities are attendance at Christian Education and Board of Family Ministry meetings, youth fellowship activities and planning meetings, and church school activities.
Skills, Education, Experience Desired:
- Personal Christian commitment
- Strong writing, organizational, leadership and public speaking skills
- Excellent rapport with youth
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Creativity and high energy level
- Experience in church school and youth programming
Please send your resume to the church at the address below.
First Congregational United Church of Christ
26 East Church Street
Fairport, NY 14450