The Director will provide leadership for the congregation in several key areas:
- Activities to support the growth in our faith as children, youth and adults.
- Activities for learning and fun beyond our worship service experience for children, youth, teachers and adults.
- Exploration of theological, social and ethical issues.
- Opportunities for children and youth to respond to people in need in our community and in our world.
- Opportunities to educate our church family about scripture and other faith resources to stimulate our journey of faith.
Desired Attributes: A natural planner and leader that is energetic and passionate; a self-starter; open to and respectful of differences in the ways we express our faith and each individual’s own very personal relationship to God.
Educational-Technical Requirements: Bachelors degree or equivalent education and experience in education, religious studies, or related field; reasonable proficiency with Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, and social media.
Work environment: Reports to the pastor but works directly with various groups and individuals within the church and larger community.
Hours and Paid Time Off: Part-time, salaried, accrued paid time off. Salary is commensurate with experience.
About The First Congregational Church:
We’re a different kind of church…
We value and respect diversity in the ways we express our faith. We enjoy thoughtful dialogue about faith issues.
We encourage each other to work for justice and to care for people in need in our community and in our world.
At the First Congregational Church, we know God is still speaking. We are a faith community of thoughtful, compassionate people who are open to diversity and committed to caring!
All interested candidates MUST submit a cover letter and resume for consideration to: email@example.com by Nov. 30, 2015.
Start date for the position is Jan. 3, 2016.
For additional information, please visit www.canandaiguachurch.org.