Click here to apply online.
An application fee of $35 will be requested after the form is submitted. Be sure to read the information below.
Other documents you will need:
Letter of Recommendation (pdf)
For Degree Candidates
When applying, please read carefully the list of items necessary for your application found in the CRCDS Catalog. In addition, note that:
There is a non-refundable fee of $35 due along with your completed application.
You are responsible for requesting official academic transcripts. These transcripts should cover all postsecondary work, whether or not a degree was received.
Your signature is required on the application and also on the waiver portion of each individual recommendation form. Please be certain to note whether you do or do not waive your right to have access to the recommendations submitted on behalf of your application.
In some instances the Admissions Committee may feel that it has insufficient information upon which to base its decision and may, therefore, request an interview with the applicant.
As part of your application for admission, the Admissions Committee requests a personal statement that addresses your personal experiences and development, vocational goals, and your thoughts concerning issues for church and society. Your statement should be 5-6 typed pages in length and address the following questions, in either an essay or a question/answer format.
The prescribed set of questions are listed in two topic areas.
Personal Experiences, Development and Vocational Goals
- What aspects of your home environment and early development had the most impact on your life?
- What aspects were important in the shaping of your personality in terms of strengths and weaknesses, your aspirations and your apprehensions?
- What aspects of your educational experiences have been most stimulating and meaningful?
- What aspects of your current adult life have been most stimulating and meaningful?
- How does your religious commitment relate to your understanding of yourself, others and the world?
- What additional events or experiences have influenced your decision for theological study? (If you are applying for the M.A. degree what do you envision as the scope and direction of your study?)
- Why have you chosen to apply at Colgate Rochester Crozer Divinity School?
- What are your future vocational objectives?
Church and Society
- What is your estimate of the significance and role of the church in these times?
- What do you believe to be the role and function of the ordained (or lay) ministry today, and how do you evaluate your own abilities to fulfill them?
- What are your convictions about one major social or political issue in public life? Please support your position with specific reason and illustrations.
Doctoral Students Only
In addition to the above, applicants to the Doctor of Ministry Program are required to provide a separate statement describing their anticipated area(s) of focus and goals for study and research. Then describe why you think the Colgate Rochester Crozer Doctor of Ministry program in Transformative Leadership would be appropriate to your focus and help you meet your goals.
D.Min. applicants must provide a sample of writing demonstrating their ability to engage in doctoral level academic writing. Academic papers, articles and other publications may meet this requirement