This course of study will equip students with leadership skills needed to engage peace and conflict, and invite students into the current multifaceted conversation taking place among scholars and practitioners of peace studies and conflict transformation.
Eligibility Requirements: A completed Master of Divinity degree or it's equivalent (Click here to view guidelines for MDiv Equivalency.) and 3 years of ministry experience subsequent to completing the Master of Divinity degree.
Curricular Requirements: 9 three-credit hour courses, including a written thesis and an oral thesis defense.
- Discerning the Context for Ministry in the 21st Century
- Thesis Writing Colloquy
- Peace Studies
- 2 Courses from the Abrahamic Faith Traditions
- Thesis Writing
2 elective courses:
- Global Read of the Bible
- Preaching the Gospel in a Religiously Pluralistic Society
- Kairos: Call to Repent, Cry of Hope
- Making War, Making Peace
- Conflict Transformation
- (Potential course from what is currently offered)