Colgate Rochester Crozer Divinity School offers three degree programs, all shaped by the faculty vision statement, and each with its own distinctive scope and purpose.
Master Degree Programs
- The Master of Divinity degree (M.Div.) is the most versatile, all-purpose degree. It is the primary degree leading to ordination for professional ministry. It also may prepare students for church administration, chaplaincy, youth work, teaching in colleges or theological schools, missions and evangelism, social work and more.
- The Master of Arts degree (M.A.) is to prepare students for advanced graduate study in a specific theological discipline or, alternatively, to educate laity who want a broad knowledge of theological disciplines.
The Doctor of Ministry degree (D.Min.) is designed for experienced clergy and religious leaders who wish to enhance their skills as reflective practitioners. Applicants to the Doctor of Ministry program must have earned a Master of Divinity degree or its educational equivalent in both duration and kind. (Please click here for our policy on M.Div. equivalency.) Additionally, applicants must have a minimum of three years ministry experience after earning a Master of Divinity degree.
- D.Min. in Transformative Leadership
- D. Min. in Transformative Leadership with concentration in Prophetic Preaching
- D.Min. in Transformative Leadership with concentration in Wesleyan / Methodist Studies
- The Program of Black Church Studies
- The Program for the Study of Women and Gender in Church and Society
- The Anglican Studies Program
Continuing Education Opportunities
- Auditing Classes
- Graduate Certificate Studies
- The Gene L. Bennett Program for Life Long Learning
- The School for Christian Leadership
- The Thurman King School for Black Church Leadership